While the tub fills up or if you have three minutes in the bathroom
- Toss used towels in the laundry bin and hang up some clean ones.
- Organize your make-up drawer. A study from the College of Optometrists warns that mascara, lipstick and eye shadow more than three to six months old can be a hotbed for bacteria. Check the expiration dates in tiny print, or just toss whatever looks gunky.
- Organize the space under the vanity: toss crusty bottles of hair product, face wash/cream you haven’t used in months, stray cotton balls and cotton swabs.
- Straighten your linen closet, and make a pile of threadbare washcloths and hand towels you can convert to dust rags.
- Toss expired prescriptions and over-the-counter medications; wipe down a shelf in the medicine cabinet.
- Clean the toilet. Pour in a quick-acting cleaner, then brush and flush.
- Gracia suggests organizing your hair accessories in an over-the-door shoe organizer. The pockets will help you sort everything beautifully, so you can easily find what you need.